Tuesday, June 11, 2013

True Love

                For the longest time, I felt like a freak because I loved to read and write. My nose was always in a book during the school day and I was always in front of my laptop at night. No one understood the love I had for pretending I was a character in one of the books I read. After all, being in someone else’s life was better than living my own. It got so bad with Emily Giffin’s book Something Borrowed that I had to read it every minute of every day. It consumed my life. I was so infatuated with the fact that Dex and Rachel belonged together and that their love was never-ending. I wanted a love that theirs so bad that I lived it through them.
            It became a routine, reading Something Borrowed. I watched the movie and fell in love. After that, I had faces that went with character names, and I was in love. Colin Egglesfield became MY Dexter and I took over as being Rachel from Ginnifer Goodwin. It was the life I always wanted and more.
            Senior year came rolling around and it was time to graduate and choose the right college for myself. It was also the year I found a love greater than Emily Giffin’s book. His name was Preston Jefferson and a new kid. He loved reading just as much as I did and maybe loved it more than I did. So when he asked me out on a date, it took me by surprise. I didn’t think that he could be capable enough to feel something for someone else.
            We dated for three weeks before I was able to tell him my true feelings for him, that I love him. It was truly the best feeling I’ve ever felt, knowing that I can love someone so much and he can feel the same for me. It’s also nice knowing that this love is real and not just some character in a book.
           We ended up going to the same college together and getting married shortly after. My life with Preston is better than any story someone could write. It was real and pure love. And, for once, it was all mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment