Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Wish

                Spending an entire weekend at my family lake house with a bunch of my brother’s annoying friends seemed like a suicide mission. Thankfully I was allowed to invite my best friend to stay with us. But what I was most excited for was the gorgeous friend of my brother’s. Mitchell Keller, with his caramel colored eyes and Justin Bieber-like hair, was a living version of my dream boyfriend and so much more. It was a last minute invite, but at least it was a distraction from the hell I was in.
                Unfortunately, the ride up to Kosciusko County was painful. I was in a van full of my mother, best friend, sister, and my sister’s friend, while my dream man was in the other van with my father and brother. I tried to distract myself with DS games and my dogs. We stopped occasionally at gas stations for bathroom breaks and to get drinks. I never saw him once during that time. It was if faith was keeping us apart.
                When we finally made it to the lake, we got some Mickey D’s. We women ate out dinner outside on the deck while the boys ate and played video games. Once again, I didn’t see him for the rest of the night. In the morning, however, I was so self-conscious that I got up early just to make my hair look semi-decent. I strutted down the stairs like I owned the place and sat right between Leann and Mitch. I waited for him to say something to me. Instead he just stared at me like I had food in my teeth. Maybe I did.
                Many activities were lined up for the day: boating, video games, and pool. The day was long and only sometimes did I get to see Mitch. However, while we were playing pool, Mitch and my brother against Leann and me, I caught him looking at me but quickly looked away when I looked at him. Of course, the one thing I could think of to do is blush. Luckily, no one caught it.
                The night flew by and the next thing I knew, we were packing up the vans, getting ready to head home. Of course, because of my so called “luck,” it was raining. I watched as Mitch was huddling in the corner, dodging rain drops and looking at me. I don’t know what went through his head or compelled him to do so, but the next thing I knew, the rain had stopped and the sun came out. Or it was the fact that Mitch blocked the rain from falling on me and his smile was as bright as the sun. I wasn’t quite sure what was happening but I was glad everyone was around to see it. He bent his head towards mine and fireworks were set off.
                His kiss was sweet and salty, and instantly made my summer ten times better. In ten seconds or less, he healed any scratch or bruising on my heart. And with one touch, my heart skipped a beat and my skin felt like it was about to fall off. And that’s when I knew what I felt was a mutual feeling between the two of us. Nothing was ever going to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment