Saturday, May 9, 2015

Gone

Sparkling white teeth and bright green eyes haunt me at night, wise thoughts and sweet words fall from his mouth. He hovers over me, a paper airplane necklace hanging from his neck, dangling in front of my face. I reach out to grab it, only for it to disappear. “Harry?” I whisper. I hear him laugh. Looking around, the room is dark. No one is here. Flipping over onto my stomach, I picture his handsome face just inches away from mine, how I woke up every day for five years. I could feel his presence, like a cold burst of air on a warm July night, reminding me of my loss and heart break. He was the love of my life. The bright light that shown through at my darkest of times; the savior that I desperately needed to keep me sane; and, the sweetness when I was sour. He visits me most nights, gracing me with his presence, and leaving me with an overwhelming feeling of love and protection.   

No comments:

Post a Comment