Monday, April 20, 2015

Anti-Gay Day and Bullying

In recent news, students in PA thought it would be beneficial to some to make up a day called “Anti-Gay” day, the day after “Day of Silence,” that recognizes the bullying gays and lesbians have to endure on a daily basis. When will all this end? Who are YOU to judge others based on who they love? How are two males or two females, who love each other, affecting you in any way? See, that’s what I don’t understand about people. Do you think your relationship between one male and one female is affecting them in any way? NO. So why should their relationship affect you?

I don’t like bringing religion into things, but it seems to be the underlying problem with all this controversy. I honestly think that if you have a problem with gays and lesbians, then you have some problem within your religion. I haven’t read the bible (I’d probably burst into flames if I touched it), but I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to judge your “brothers and sisters.” But, what do I know, right? Let me tell you what I know. I know I’ve been told on multiple occasions that “God” loves all his “children” or “creations.” Well, if that’s the case, tell me this then. If “God” loves his “children” so much, why can’t he love gays and lesbians? He “created” them too. And, if you think being gay is someone’s choice then you need to get your head out of your ass and take a look around. Being gay isn’t some disease, it’s who the person is. If you have a problem with that, then there is something wrong with YOU. Not them.


I’ll leave you with the wise words of Macklemore: “And "God loves all his children" is somehow forgotten, but we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment