Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Broken Tea Cup

“My heart,” Catherin said, “was ripped out of my chest when you left me.” “You knew I was chasing my dreams. You knew I loved art,” Mason snapped. Catherin sat down to eat the spaghetti she made for dinner. “I didn't volunteer for this, you know?” She said. “You will forever be my muse.” He smiled and took a drink of tea. “I’m useless to you, you fool!” Catherin screamed. Fireworks went off outside. A dog barked. People were screaming “Happy Fourth of July!” “Useless? Oh, no, no, no. Perfect, maybe.” Mason said. “You have a twisted definition of perfection, Mason.” Catherin didn't move. Mason took a drink and dropped his tea cup on the floor. “Do you want a clean break, then?” Mason asked, standing over her.  She just stared through him. He was a ghost. “I’ve been asking for a clean break since day one,” She said. He laughed in her face and walked out the front door. A car started and drove off. Catherin slammed the door after him and laughed. She walked up the long staircase, leaving the broken tea cup lying on the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment