Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Learn to Love One Another

So, I’ve been doing some thinking and some music listening. When combined, it’s a deadly weapon for someone like me. However, I think what I’ve come upon is worth sharing. Tonight, as I was straightening my hair for tomorrow, I stumbled upon the song “Hole in the World,” by the Eagles (I’m so sorry for those who have no idea who the Eagles are…. Look ‘em up!). There’s a line that particularly stood out to me: “Until we learn to love one another, we will never reach the promise land.” This stood out to me because of all the stuff going on with the LGBTQ community. Nobody will be able to “reach the promise land” if we keep hating one another! And, I’m not just pointing out those who are against gay rights, no. It goes both ways. What we need is a compromise. Not these stupid laws that are put into effect. How could we possibly “reach the promise land” if Governor’s and other political leaders think it is okay to discriminate against other human beings? I know what I’m saying seems impossible, especially in the society we live in, but the problem is that we’re not trying. We’re not trying when it comes to gay rights; we’re not trying when it comes to children who are molested or raped; we’re not trying when it comes to children being bullied; we’re not trying when people are getting shot; we’re not trying when race plays a factor; we’re not trying when it comes to people taking their own lives because of the world we live in. WE’RE NOT TRYING. And I truly believe that if we all try, and “learn to love one another, we WILL reach the promise land.”

No comments:

Post a Comment