Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Vineyard

The sweet smell of grapes fill the air, as I make my way down the long path leading to where everyone was waiting, my red hair pulled up in a braided ponytail, flowers peppering the braid. My dress drags the ground behind me, collecting sand with each step. Peach flowers line the rows of white chairs where the guests sit. My grasp on my father’s arm tightens as we inch closer to the front of the aisle. The pit of my stomach continues to fill with butterflies as I see the love of my life waiting for me. His smile grows as he sees me and the amount of butterflies double. My father’s grip on my arm loosens and my hands get clammy, knowing that in less than a few minutes, my life will be changed forever. My father plants a quick kiss on my cheek before giving me away to another man who intends on taking care of me for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment