Saturday, March 21, 2015

My Angels

The way he was standing, back against the sun, he looked like an angel. The sun his halo. A dog ran in-between us and his beautiful face sculpted the brightest smile. His teeth so white, his lips so pink. I couldn’t help but imagine the form his lips would make saying my name. Another guy came and stood next to my angel. I looked into his eyes and imagined I was lost at sea, his arms secured around me, giving me his warmth. He touched my arm and my skin went up in flames. A car pulled into the park behind us, and I didn’t need to look to see who it was. “What is this?” I managed to say before the car doors opened and closed with such force. “You know what this is.” My angel spoke first. I faintly heard a baby crying in the distance. “Am I dead?” I looked down at my arms, my scars.  The three other guys joined the blue-eyed beauty and my angel. A gun shot was heard and I watched as the five guys in front of me fell, one-by-one. Before I could scream, I heard someone whisper my name. I looked around, the noise getting louder. “Diana!” the person yelled. I woke with a start to see my husband holding my newborn. Behind him were my three beautiful boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment